FANDOM


  • Bill Cipher1500
    Bill Cipher1500 closed this thread because:
    Too long, moved to a new thread: http://monkeyquest.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:16772
    00:10, November 10, 2017

    Again, it got super long and hard to read. Moving on to newer pastures. Previous post can be found at: Thread:15121

      Loading editor
    • So, the trademark expiration date for MQ is October 25, if I'm correct? Are we sure that the source is reliable?

        Loading editor
    • Someone said it in a thread, and that's about all the verification I can find.

      BTW, how's the Discord going?

        Loading editor
    • Bill Cipher1500 wrote:
      So, the trademark expiration date for MQ is October 25, if I'm correct? Are we sure that the source is reliable?

      One person said so and provided a few links, however we can't be certain yet. Tannerman said he was going to ask a lawyer for help, but as long as he hasn't confirmed, we can't trust this information.

        Loading editor
    • Why did it shutdown in the first place??

        Loading editor
    • Legal issues. Basically: people own MQ. Those people aren't us, and we don't have permission. If they see what we're doing and don't like it, the financial consequences would be huge. Too big of a risk for the devs to take.

        Loading editor
    • So everyone has given up at this point?

        Loading editor
    • 76.172.110.100 wrote:
      So everyone has given up at this point?

      What? No, of course we haven't given up yet! We're looking into the rights for the game to see what we can do, and if we can't do anything, Heroes of Terra (I think that's its name now) will be the closest we can get to MQ. It'll definitely be something, which is better than giving up.

        Loading editor
    • Abce2 wrote: Someone said it in a thread, and that's about all the verification I can find.

      BTW, how's the Discord going?

      Discord isn't active all that much at this point. I don't know if most people are on another server, or if they just gave up and left. The only server I'm active in is the Terra Quest server.

        Loading editor
    • Well, hopefully people learned something from Rewritten's turn and run.

        Loading editor
    • whats the discord server link i would like to join

        Loading editor
    • To be honest, I would be willing to risk this. There are private servers of countless games; Toontown Online, Pirates of the Caribbean Online, LEGO Universe, and probably even more that I can't name off the top of my head. None of them have been shut down. The point is, that if there is just absolutely no profit gained from it; no donations, no membership, no putting it on public hosting websites (e.g. Steam), no nothing; Nickelodeon is extremely likely to turn a blind eye. They don't CARE about Monkey Quest anymore; they were the ones that shut it down, after all. Why should they want to close our private servers? Disney is the most money-hungry company in the world, and they have not even spoken a word about private servers of their dead games, let alone close them; why should Nick? Some important developers of now-closed games have said that they even support fans trying to resurrect closed games, and are actively supporting and some even playing them. The point is, copyright is a risk I am willing to take, and so should everyone else if they really want their precious Monkey Quest back to them. Loads of other people have succeeded, and are still going very strong; we can do it too.

        Loading editor
    • Oops; I'm Mariomania123 above by the way. I forgot to put my signature on the bottom.¬†:P

      My point still stands, though.

      --Mariomania123--

        Loading editor
    • 62.31.61.94 wrote: To be honest, I would be willing to risk this. There are private servers of countless games; Toontown Online, Pirates of the Caribbean Online, LEGO Universe, and probably even more that I can't name off the top of my head. None of them have been shut down. The point is, that if there is just absolutely no profit gained from it; no donations, no membership, no putting it on public hosting websites (e.g. Steam), no nothing; Nickelodeon is extremely likely to turn a blind eye. They don't CARE about Monkey Quest anymore; they were the ones that shut it down, after all. Why should they want to close our private servers? Disney is the most money-hungry company in the world, and they have not even spoken a word about private servers of their dead games, let alone close them; why should Nick? Some important developers of now-closed games have said that they even support fans trying to resurrect closed games, and are actively supporting and some even playing them. The point is, copyright is a risk I am willing to take, and so should everyone else if they really want their precious Monkey Quest back to them. Loads of other people have succeeded, and are still going very strong; we can do it too.

      I agree with this. It is unlikely that Nick would take action if we did not make any sort of profit etc. off of it, but there's still the perpetual "what-if" that makes it really risky.


      Also, this is just a general thing unrelated to the quote, but aside from the shooting star another weird thing happened to me. Just a few minutes ago I was reading my book and randomly thought "Is there still hope for MQ?" And a harsh ringing started in my ears but faded out. Or maybe I've just gone round the bend.

        Loading editor
    • 62.31.61.94 wrote:
      To be honest, I would be willing to risk this. There are private servers of countless games; Toontown Online, Pirates of the Caribbean Online, LEGO Universe, and probably even more that I can't name off the top of my head. None of them have been shut down. The point is, that if there is just absolutely no profit gained from it; no donations, no membership, no putting it on public hosting websites (e.g. Steam), no nothing; Nickelodeon is extremely likely to turn a blind eye. They don't CARE about Monkey Quest anymore; they were the ones that shut it down, after all. Why should they want to close our private servers? Disney is the most money-hungry company in the world, and they have not even spoken a word about private servers of their dead games, let alone close them; why should Nick? Some important developers of now-closed games have said that they even support fans trying to resurrect closed games, and are actively supporting and some even playing them. The point is, copyright is a risk I am willing to take, and so should everyone else if they really want their precious Monkey Quest back to them. Loads of other people have succeeded, and are still going very strong; we can do it too.

      Agreed-ish, but it's just really risky. If Nick notices and doesn't approve they won't just be waving their finger and saying "you did a bad!!". The consequenes developers would get in the worst-case scenario are too risky. Because of financial problems and stuff, you know.

        Loading editor
    • Zoom Epictooth wrote:
      62.31.61.94 wrote:
      To be honest, I would be willing to risk this. There are private servers of countless games; Toontown Online, Pirates of the Caribbean Online, LEGO Universe, and probably even more that I can't name off the top of my head. None of them have been shut down. The point is, that if there is just absolutely no profit gained from it; no donations, no membership, no putting it on public hosting websites (e.g. Steam), no nothing; Nickelodeon is extremely likely to turn a blind eye. They don't CARE about Monkey Quest anymore; they were the ones that shut it down, after all. Why should they want to close our private servers? Disney is the most money-hungry company in the world, and they have not even spoken a word about private servers of their dead games, let alone close them; why should Nick? Some important developers of now-closed games have said that they even support fans trying to resurrect closed games, and are actively supporting and some even playing them. The point is, copyright is a risk I am willing to take, and so should everyone else if they really want their precious Monkey Quest back to them. Loads of other people have succeeded, and are still going very strong; we can do it too.
      Agreed-ish, but it's just really risky. If Nick notices and doesn't approve they won't just be waving their finger and saying "you did a bad!!". The consequenes developers would get in the worst-case scenario are too risky. Because of financial problems and stuff, you know.

      Agreed. It's too risky, especially since this is Nickelodeon we're talking about. You really want to risk getting in trouble with a company as big as Nickelodeon? That said, it isn't impossible...

        Loading editor
    • Abce2 wrote: Well, hopefully people learned something from Rewritten's turn and run.

      What? Rewritten didn't close or get burned by Disney.


      Also, as a general thing to everyone, MQ's trademark should lose effect on October 25, 2021. I don't know if this means we can use it or not, but it might be helpful to someone.

      Also, Nick can renew it if they choose to, so.

        Loading editor
    • Popsicle30 wrote:

      Abce2 wrote: Well, hopefully people learned something from Rewritten's turn and run.

      What? Rewritten didn't close or get burned by Disney.

      I'm talking about how they closed up shop rather quickly and then didn't leave any comment about the donations (until weeks later). I was worried they had been another scam, as I've seen a few similar ones in the past.

        Loading editor
    • Bill Cipher1500 wrote:
      Zoom Epictooth wrote:
      62.31.61.94 wrote:
      To be honest, I would be willing to risk this. There are private servers of countless games; Toontown Online, Pirates of the Caribbean Online, LEGO Universe, and probably even more that I can't name off the top of my head. None of them have been shut down. The point is, that if there is just absolutely no profit gained from it; no donations, no membership, no putting it on public hosting websites (e.g. Steam), no nothing; Nickelodeon is extremely likely to turn a blind eye. They don't CARE about Monkey Quest anymore; they were the ones that shut it down, after all. Why should they want to close our private servers? Disney is the most money-hungry company in the world, and they have not even spoken a word about private servers of their dead games, let alone close them; why should Nick? Some important developers of now-closed games have said that they even support fans trying to resurrect closed games, and are actively supporting and some even playing them. The point is, copyright is a risk I am willing to take, and so should everyone else if they really want their precious Monkey Quest back to them. Loads of other people have succeeded, and are still going very strong; we can do it too.
      Agreed-ish, but it's just really risky. If Nick notices and doesn't approve they won't just be waving their finger and saying "you did a bad!!". The consequenes developers would get in the worst-case scenario are too risky. Because of financial problems and stuff, you know.
      Agreed. It's too risky, especially since this is Nickelodeon we're talking about. You really want to risk getting in trouble with a company as big as Nickelodeon? That said, it isn't impossible...

      This is one of the exact problems I was trying to highlight and clear up in the post I made (which, for the record, nobody seems to have read). It doesn't matter how big the company is, whether you're Nickelodeon or Disney, Sega or Nintendo, there is no "worst-case scenario" or "consequences"; well, unless you openly ignore what Nickelodeon is trying to tell you. And to tell you that they don't approve, they would send you a DMCA request, asking you to take it down. There is nothing more they are allowed to do, unless you ignore this request and keep it online. All you would need to do is take it down! As I said in my post, I have asked experienced private server developers from games such as Toontown Rewritten, Darkflame Universe, and The Legends of Pirates Online, and this is simply what I have found. They obviously know what they're doing; if Disney and hell, LEGO completely ignore their private servers, why should Nickelodeon clamp down? And even if they did, where are these "consequences" coming from? All you would do is take your game, or your whole website down, and Nickelodeon would sing their joyous song and leave you alone. Besides, if you hosted it here on the Monkey Quest Wiki, Nickelodeon would be almost BOUND not to notice it. What famous entertainment studio spends their time looking for wikis and private servers of games that they themselves closed, and they have much better projects to be working on?

      Look, I'm not trying to be rude, but I really do want Monkey Quest to come back, and if we are getting like this about "potential risks", which are non existent unless you ignore a request to take it down from Nick, while other private servers have completely risen off the road and have loads of players and supporters, occasionally even including developers of the original game themselves, with giant name, rolling-in-it companies MUCH bigger than Nickelodeon (including the two big names, Disney and Lego) laying down and ignoring them, then we are going to get nowhere. Oh, and no donations or payment or money whatsoever apart from anything necessary to run the game (which should come out of the staff's pockets). I will admit that the consequences you guys mentioned would have been more likely if MQR had continued for that reason.

        Loading editor
    • Mariomania123 wrote:

      Bill Cipher1500 wrote:
      Zoom Epictooth wrote:
      62.31.61.94 wrote:
      To be honest, I would be willing to risk this. There are private servers of countless games; Toontown Online, Pirates of the Caribbean Online, LEGO Universe, and probably even more that I can't name off the top of my head. None of them have been shut down. The point is, that if there is just absolutely no profit gained from it; no donations, no membership, no putting it on public hosting websites (e.g. Steam), no nothing; Nickelodeon is extremely likely to turn a blind eye. They don't CARE about Monkey Quest anymore; they were the ones that shut it down, after all. Why should they want to close our private servers? Disney is the most money-hungry company in the world, and they have not even spoken a word about private servers of their dead games, let alone close them; why should Nick? Some important developers of now-closed games have said that they even support fans trying to resurrect closed games, and are actively supporting and some even playing them. The point is, copyright is a risk I am willing to take, and so should everyone else if they really want their precious Monkey Quest back to them. Loads of other people have succeeded, and are still going very strong; we can do it too.
      Agreed-ish, but it's just really risky. If Nick notices and doesn't approve they won't just be waving their finger and saying "you did a bad!!". The consequenes developers would get in the worst-case scenario are too risky. Because of financial problems and stuff, you know.
      Agreed. It's too risky, especially since this is Nickelodeon we're talking about. You really want to risk getting in trouble with a company as big as Nickelodeon? That said, it isn't impossible...

      This is one of the exact problems I was trying to highlight and clear up in the post I made (which, for the record, nobody seems to have read). It doesn't matter how big the company is, whether you're Nickelodeon or Disney, Sega or Nintendo, there is no "worst-case scenario" or "consequences"; well, unless you openly ignore what Nickelodeon is trying to tell you. And to tell you that they don't approve, they would send you a DMCA request, asking you to take it down. There is nothing more they are allowed to do, unless you ignore this request and keep it online. All you would need to do is take it down! As I said in my post, I have asked experienced private server developers from games such as Toontown Rewritten, Darkflame Universe, and The Legends of Pirates Online, and this is simply what I have found. They obviously know what they're doing; if Disney and hell, LEGO completely ignore their private servers, why should Nickelodeon clamp down? And even if they did, where are these "consequences" coming from? All you would do is take your game, or your whole website down, and Nickelodeon would sing their joyous song and leave you alone. Besides, if you hosted it here on the Monkey Quest Wiki, Nickelodeon would be almost BOUND not to notice it. What famous entertainment studio spends their time looking for wikis and private servers of games that they themselves closed, and they have much better projects to be working on?

      Look, I'm not trying to be rude, but I really do want Monkey Quest to come back, and if we are getting like this about "potential risks", which are non existent unless you ignore a request to take it down from Nick, while other private servers have completely risen off the road and have loads of players and supporters, occasionally even including developers of the original game themselves, with giant name, rolling-in-it companies MUCH bigger than Nickelodeon (including the two big names, Disney and Lego) laying down and ignoring them, then we are going to get nowhere. Oh, and no donations or payment or money whatsoever apart from anything necessary to run the game (which should come out of the staff's pockets). I will admit that the consequences you guys mentioned would have been more likely if MQR had continued for that reason.

      Thumbs up

        Loading editor
    • Honestly, your biggest problem isn't so much a takedown request, it's that probably no one knows how to make the game you guys want to make. Nick can't take down a game that's never made.

      Also, there's been so many statements thrown around here lately that show that nobody has any knowledge or experience with copyright law, or how company's legal teams work. I hate to be "that guy", but I don't see a lot of point in pointless arguments.

        Loading editor
    • True, lol! We're getting so caught up in the worry of actually doing it that nobody has actually started to make a game yet! ūüėõ I, for one, have absolutely no idea how to program. I've just been sharing my research in hopes that I can kickstart the process a bit; if an actual programmer DOES come onto the scene (or already is here and I don't know them), that they take notice of my findings, and decide to take a leap forward and actually get a private server started. Regarding your second paragraph, it's true that I don't have any experience or knowledge myself, but the people that I asked my questions to certainly do, considering how their private servers have largely risen in popularity and have never faced any "original company" threats.

      --Mariomania123-- (Couldn't be bothered to log in lol)

        Loading editor
    • Uhmm so is ther a new game or soemthing or any updates about MQ or new game. I really wanna play this kind of game or maybe something of the same kind but i didnt know that it was shut down. Anybody? Hook me up to some game?

        Loading editor
    • Yeah, there's a game being built by Luminex and M4V3R1CK (I think is how they spell it) called Legends of Tavoranna.

      It's not the same thing as Monkey Quest, but I hope it's close, at least.

        Loading editor
    • Bill Cipher1500
      Bill Cipher1500 removed this reply because:
      This game is not related to MQ
      01:48, June 29, 2017
      This reply has been removed
    • Aye Guys i've been looking at your small group, I do wish to join you guys in setting up the Server I dunno how or something..I'll Try and find a way to help! ~ Random User

        Loading editor
    • Am i able to play legends of tavoranna right now or do i have to wait until its out of development

        Loading editor
    • 73.154.56.204 wrote: Am i able to play legends of tavoranna right now or do i have to wait until its out of development

      They've been working on this game for about two weeks now. Relax and give it a couple of months, if this game is coming out, it won't be for a while.

        Loading editor
    • Abce2 wrote:

      73.154.56.204 wrote: Am i able to play legends of tavoranna right now or do i have to wait until its out of development

      They've been working on this game for about two weeks now. Relax and give it a couple of months, if this game is coming out, it won't be for a while.

      i hope it comes soon b/c i really want to play it

        Loading editor
    • Hope they actually not give up on Legends of Tavoranna [Just like the Monkey Quest Rewritten devs]. I hope they're actually energetic and Time Saving to complete the whole game,storyline,the models and textures and finally publish it. I hope they finish it asap. [Not really rush it btw.]

                                                                                                                              - Too lazy to make an Account, Harry Gunman.

        Loading editor
    • 178.220.102.184 wrote:
      Hope they actually not give up on Legends of Tavoranna [Just like the Monkey Quest Rewritten devs]. I hope they're actually energetic and Time Saving to complete the whole game,storyline,the models and textures and finally publish it. I hope they finish it asap. [Not really rush it btw.]

                                                                                                                            - Too lazy to make an Account, Harry Gunman.

      Also, don't* not Not.

        Loading editor
    • Hello i havee beeb watchibg this chat for awhile and why have we given up on mq? I still havent, I think that nicks hiding it so im still not giving up!

        Loading editor
    • Whoops, typos

        Loading editor
    • legends of tavoranna is the only active project to bring mq back¬†??

        Loading editor
    • 84.117.118.156 wrote:
      legends of tavoranna is the only active project to bring mq back ??

      Legends of Tavoranna is NOT, I repeat NOT a remake of monkey quest. They are both SEPARATE entites and have no influence on one another. - AlexTheWiz

        Loading editor
    • 178.220.102.184 wrote: Hope they actually not give up on Legends of Tavoranna [Just like the Monkey Quest Rewritten devs]. I hope they're actually energetic and Time Saving to complete the whole game,storyline,the models and textures and finally publish it. I hope they finish it asap. [Not really rush it btw.]



                                                                                                                              - Too lazy to make an Account, Harry Gunman.

      They didn't just give up on it. They abandoned the project to avoid copyright claims which would have closed the game anyway. They pretty much have no choice in the matter, unless you want Luminex to get fried by Nickelodeon. That being said, since Legends of Tavoranna is a completely ORIGINAL project, I do hope Luminex Studios and M4V3R1CK Studios don't give up on it. Unless they run out of funding, which is unlikely anyway.

        Loading editor
    • I don't know WHAT replaced monkey quest

        Loading editor
    • When I first found Monkey Quest, I was 5 or 6. Once I got through the tutorial, it was surprising how good I was at the game. My parents even said I amazing at the game. Tbh, I though I was the greatest player ever, but, that's just 6 yr old kid thoughts. I played it for about a year and a half, before I fell out of it. Then, when I was 10, I got curious. I had no idea Monkey Quest had closed its doors. I couldn't find it anywhere online, so I had to fish out my Windows 7 computer. I found the Monkey Quest launcher and tried to launch it. I got greeted with a message that Monkey Quest had shut down.

      Well, that's my story. Waiting for a replacement...

        Loading editor
    • Nothing can replace MQ, but Tavoranna is going to be similar to it¬†:)

      Here is a (fanmade?) logo I found of it

      http://img02.deviantart.net/c649/i/2017/176/7/c/legends_of_tavoranna_by_kyuuta011-dbe0bje.png

      See, very similar to MQ's logo, here's the original for comparison

      Monkey_Quest_%28logo%29.JPG

        Loading editor
    • Popsicle, that logo you showed was part of the contest we earlier had on the official Legends Of Tavoranna Discord. And yes it won, it was later re-adapted and we will soon have a logo which was based of that.

      Thanks for caring,

        Loading editor
    • I was planning on working on a 2d version of monkey quest but i already have 2 more games to work on, but if you guys want me to continue then i will c:

      -HonkRoundTummy le monkey

        Loading editor
    • 68.115.123.60 wrote:
      I was planning on working on a 2d version of monkey quest but i already have 2 more games to work on, but if you guys want me to continue then i will c:

      -HonkRoundTummy le monkey

      2d as in drawing everything like pictures or whatever

        Loading editor
    • Also, to reply to all the worrying about Legends Of Tavoranna closing, and the release date of that game. Legends of Tavoranna will not close, M4V3R1CK Digital has chosen to lead it and will continue. If for some reason they drop out, it will drop onto us. It won't happen. MQR was closed due to PERSONAL ISSUES between the owner of Luminex Studios which we do not want to disclose publicly.

      In terms of the release date of Legends Of Tavoranna, a full release won't be for quite a while. Though, we have already begun prototyping the game and creating Models. It is going very well, and development is going quicker than you may think.You will not be able to play LoT (Legends of Tavoranna) for a while, though certain testers may be chosen by early 2018 to begin playing.

      On a personal note, Luminex Studios and its leader apologise fully for MQR's closing. And in other words, as mentioned by Abce2 our Turn and run. Once again to reassure you of any pressure, all Patreon donations were cancelled before they were due. We took zero profit, we also closed our PayPal. We did not mean to scare you in the case about donations, but monkey-quest wikia is not our first priority as a company.

      On a good note, Legends Of Tavoranna is doing very well and will continue development. We hope to see you all on our discord so you can follow the project directly (if you need a link, send us a direct message).

      Thank you,

      -Luminex Studios

      A personal note from the lead-developer of MQR

      Hey, been a while since I returned to this wiki. MQR was closed because of personal problems as mentioned before, but it is open to anyone who is willing to bring it back. The files were released by me after we closed the project, meaning they are now in the hands of many. It is honestly fairly simple to reconnect the server. Buy a host (from the likes of zare.com etc) and then reconnect. There are many Networking tutorials which may help. It's not so much coding ability unless you want to get deep down into the game. Also, LoT is NOT Monkey Quest, you can't stress that enough it seems. Thanks,

        Loading editor
    • I think if the whole community trys an helps (Including me) I think it can 100% be done

        Loading editor
    • a huge part of the MQ communtiy has forgotten the game sadly¬†:(

        Loading editor
    • 2A02:214D:8038:2200:4B7:1B23:EC53:E27A wrote:
      a huge part of the MQ communtiy has forgotten the game sadly :(

      Sadly, Yes, however if a fan game is made like monkey quest rewrittern, I think there is enough people who would play it

        Loading editor
    • i have no doubts about it

        Loading editor
    • Could someone try to reconnect the monkey quest rewritten server

        Loading editor
    • hello i am guardian and i want invite back to hero server i am new acount

        Loading editor
    • Does anyone know the discord to the team trying to make a monkey quest private server

        Loading editor
    • Guys come on lets not get off topic here. Our mission is to bring back MQ, not talk about LoT.

      If we really want to do this we can get those files that the creator of MQR put out. And then, we can pick up where they left off.

      If we want to bring MQ back, we have to be determined.

      -Chloe

        Loading editor
    • 65.35.65.96 wrote:
      Guys come on lets not get off topic here. Our mission is to bring back MQ, not talk about LoT.

      If we really want to do this we can get those files that the creator of MQR put out. And then, we can pick up where they left off.

      If we want to bring MQ back, we have to be determined.

      -Chloe

      I agree, I really would like too help create MQR so I have set up a Discord Server,


      https://discord.gg/UeduBtX


      Anyone is welcome to join and help create MQR

        Loading editor
    • If someone knows the download links from the MQ launcher, please reply to me with them. I think I can try to download the game- if I succeed, I will send it to this page.

        Loading editor
    • @YoavGr It isn't that simple. You can't open the launcher just because you have the files. You need to spend money on running servers, know coding, etc.

        Loading editor
    • wow ive been ghost watching this threat since 2015 such dedication just wow this is my first comment on this thread on my account ive only commented rarley and anonymously good luck getting mq back i miss my monkey king crown

        Loading editor
    • Guys, why are you worried about copyright and stuff? I'm just saying 'cause Club penguin got cancelled in 2017 and the rewritten of club penguin also came out only a few months later. Also if a big company like Disney lets rewrites of their old games just be, why do you think Nickelodeon will force MQR to shut down? I mean they shut it down in the first place. I dunno I'm just saying my opinion but i hope this will give y'all some sense. Btw i have no idea of copyright so just ignore this comment if i am wrong. Also don't rage out on me because i'm just saying my opinion.

        Loading editor
    • People are actually gonna make Monkey Quest again? That's incredible. It's wonderful to see the dedicated fanbase.

        Loading editor
    • 2A02:C7F:6A0C:7400:7031:2C8E:8487:32F8 wrote: People are actually gonna make Monkey Quest again? That's incredible. It's wonderful to see the dedicated fanbase.

      Yes, but unfortunately, we have some big issues. We may be dedicated, but we really don't have the skill or resources for it. If someone can purchase a domain and get the files from MQR as Luminex said, then we'll have something to work with.


      To everyone: Copyright issues aren't our biggest problem right now.

        Loading editor
    • Hey! I just had a thought ... If Luminex removed stuff about MQR from all media, as they decided to cancel it, then why isn't monkeyquest-rw.com¬†closed down (I'm saying why is the website about MQR still active) I know it says its been cancelled but if it was truly cancelled then the website would have been shut down too. So this could mean they are still working on MQR. I dunno, not sure about this as this is just an idea, so just ignore me if i was wrong.

        Loading editor
    • Bring Back my childhood¬†

        Loading editor
    • Don't lose hope, if we all believe, we might, no we will bring or make the game .

        Loading editor
    • Angellove62 wrote:
      Hey! I just had a thought ... If Luminex removed stuff about MQR from all media, as they decided to cancel it, then why isn't monkeyquest-rw.com closed down (I'm saying why is the website about MQR still active) I know it says its been cancelled but if it was truly cancelled then the website would have been shut down too. So this could mean they are still working on MQR. I dunno, not sure about this as this is just an idea, so just ignore me if i was wrong.

      Hello, Angellove62.

      I'm Aberidius, the web developer for the previous MQ:R project. The website is up since i still own it and i'm mainly waiting for it to expire which isnt until the next summer. I've also said that i'd go back to my original role as web developer if someone serious would pursue the project again.

        Loading editor
    • We're serious, but I wish we had the means with which to pursue the project.

        Loading editor
    • I want to talk a bit about servers because nobody's really talking about them, and we should probably discuss it if we wished to recreate this project. I'm pretty sure there are free servers out there that you can find with a quick google search, but otherwise, servers would cost roughly around $50 American dollars. How are we gonna go about doing this?

        Loading editor
    • I couldn't keep myself away from this. Not even if I tried to forget it. Monkey quest was so, so much of my childhood.

      I hope whatever projects you're all considering work out somehow.

      ~Polly Dust Spirit

        Loading editor
    • its really great to see that a game closed years and years ago is still being looked at by someone and yes MQ was an amazing game and why Nick closed the game is beyond me because i personally loved the game and scrolling through all of these replys clearly im not the only one. But dont you think that by now after all this time Nick must've seen at least some of these yet still have not done anything about this whole entire sitcuation. i hope the game will come back as do many others but i highly doubt so.

        Loading editor
    • But to be honest, I'd trade every single Robux my two limiteds are worth, just to play another banana bash again.


      ~Polly Dust Spirit

        Loading editor
    • Who has money because I don't

        Loading editor
    • Finally dead? Even MQ Rewritten seems like it is never coming back.

        Loading editor
    • I am able to re-create it. I've even managed to get the game to a playable state but we won't continue with MQ:R since the legal risks will always be there.

        Loading editor
    • sad

        Loading editor
    • Can we test out the game at a playable state?

        Loading editor
    • -David

        Loading editor
    • @Aberidius. As said from a comment above, Toontown Rewritten was made without any legal issues. If a company as big as Disney would let that slide, then Nick probably would too.

      -Chloe

        Loading editor
    • 65.32.181.238 wrote:
      @Aberidius. As said from a comment above, Toontown Rewritten was made without any legal issues. If a company as big as Disney would let that slide, then Nick probably would too.

      -Chloe

      All companies work differently...

        Loading editor
    • 65.32.181.238 wrote:
      @Aberidius. As said from a comment above, Toontown Rewritten was made without any legal issues. If a company as big as Disney would let that slide, then Nick probably would too.

      -Chloe

      I am certain that Nick will care eventually and i'm gonna stand there to take blame and ruin my life just because of a game.

        Loading editor
    • 65.32.181.238 wrote:
      @Aberidius. As said from a comment above, Toontown Rewritten was made without any legal issues. If a company as big as Disney would let that slide, then Nick probably would too.

      -Chloe

      I agree. That's why I've started to make a website with HTML and Notepad++. I'm wondering though, how would we make THE GAME?

        Loading editor
    • 96.33.180.38 wrote:
      65.32.181.238 wrote:
      @Aberidius. As said from a comment above, Toontown Rewritten was made without any legal issues. If a company as big as Disney would let that slide, then Nick probably would too.

      -Chloe

      I agree. That's why I've started to make a website with HTML and Notepad++. I'm wondering though, how would we make THE GAME? @The MQ Lover


        Loading editor
    • file:///E:/MQ%20RW%20notepad++1.html

      @the mq lover

        Loading editor
    • So... MQR isn't happening?¬†:/

        Loading editor
    • 96.33.180.38 wrote:
      65.32.181.238 wrote:
      @Aberidius. As said from a comment above, Toontown Rewritten was made without any legal issues. If a company as big as Disney would let that slide, then Nick probably would too.

      -Chloe

      I agree. That's why I've started to make a website with HTML and Notepad++. I'm wondering though, how would we make THE GAME?

      As im fully educated in web development, i can assure you that you cannot make a game like MQ in it. It was made in Unity using WebGL to support it for browsers.

        Loading editor
    • Aberidius wrote:
      96.33.180.38 wrote:
      65.32.181.238 wrote:
      @Aberidius. As said from a comment above, Toontown Rewritten was made without any legal issues. If a company as big as Disney would let that slide, then Nick probably would too.

      -Chloe

      I agree. That's why I've started to make a website with HTML and Notepad++. I'm wondering though, how would we make THE GAME?
      As im fully educated in web development, i can assure you that you cannot make a game like MQ in it. It was made in Unity using WebGL to support it for browsers.

      Isn't it possible to make the website and have a PLAY NOW button which downloads the game file? @The MQ Lover

        Loading editor
    • I wish i could remake monkey quest but the only things i know is how to make games on roblox. Y E S L E T M E R E M A K E I T O N R O B L O X


      - Honk Round Tummy

        Loading editor
    • 68.115.123.60 wrote:
      I wish i could remake monkey quest but the only things i know is how to make games on roblox. Y E S L E T M E R E M A K E I T O N R O B L O X


      - Honk Round Tummy


        Loading editor
    • 96.33.180.38 wrote:
      Aberidius wrote:
      96.33.180.38 wrote:
      65.32.181.238 wrote:
      @Aberidius. As said from a comment above, Toontown Rewritten was made without any legal issues. If a company as big as Disney would let that slide, then Nick probably would too.

      -Chloe

      I agree. That's why I've started to make a website with HTML and Notepad++. I'm wondering though, how would we make THE GAME?
      As im fully educated in web development, i can assure you that you cannot make a game like MQ in it. It was made in Unity using WebGL to support it for browsers.
      Isn't it possible to make the website and have a PLAY NOW button which downloads the game file? @The MQ Lover

      Yes, but then you're not streaming it from the website. Then you'd be running a game client on a users desktop. Either way, it's not as easy as it sounds.

        Loading editor
    • Aberidius wrote:
      96.33.180.38 wrote:
      Aberidius wrote:
      96.33.180.38 wrote:
      65.32.181.238 wrote:
      @Aberidius. As said from a comment above, Toontown Rewritten was made without any legal issues. If a company as big as Disney would let that slide, then Nick probably would too.

      -Chloe

      I agree. That's why I've started to make a website with HTML and Notepad++. I'm wondering though, how would we make THE GAME?
      As im fully educated in web development, i can assure you that you cannot make a game like MQ in it. It was made in Unity using WebGL to support it for browsers.
      Isn't it possible to make the website and have a PLAY NOW button which downloads the game file? @The MQ Lover
      Yes, but then you're not streaming it from the website. Then you'd be running a game client on a users desktop. Either way, it's not as easy as it sounds.

      Could yu please help us with the website and/or game? Please, we need help. @The mq lover

        Loading editor
    • 96.33.180.38 wrote:

      Could yu please help us with the website and/or game? Please, we need help. @The mq lover

      No.

      I'm not going near the project again.

        Loading editor
    • yes

      Robliii

      yes

        Loading editor
    • Zoom Epictooth wrote:
      yes
      Robliii

      yes

      What the heck?

        Loading editor
    • Popsicle30 wrote:
      Yeah, there's a game being built by Luminex and M4V3R1CK (I think is how they spell it) called Legends of Tavoranna.

      It's not the same thing as Monkey Quest, but I hope it's close, at least.

      When will it be released

        Loading editor
    • 96.33.180.38 wrote:
      file:///E:/MQ%20RW%20notepad++1.html

      @the mq lover

      This link expired. Try this 1: file:///E:/MQ%20RW%20notepad++12.html

        Loading editor
    • 96.33.180.38 wrote:
      Popsicle30 wrote:
      Yeah, there's a game being built by Luminex and M4V3R1CK (I think is how they spell it) called Legends of Tavoranna.

      It's not the same thing as Monkey Quest, but I hope it's close, at least.

      When will it be released

      Luminex withdrew from that project a while ago...

        Loading editor
    • That link expired aswell Mr 96.33.180.38

        Loading editor
    • Bill Cipher1500
      Bill Cipher1500 removed this reply because:
      inappropriate language
      03:51, November 1, 2017
      This reply has been removed
    • Bill Cipher1500
      Bill Cipher1500 removed this reply because:
      inappropriate
      03:51, November 1, 2017
      This reply has been removed
    • Bill Cipher1500
      Bill Cipher1500 removed this reply because:
      inappropriate
      03:51, November 1, 2017
      This reply has been removed
    • Will they be trying again the copyright should be expiered right? O_O¬†

      Come on guys club penguin got re writen and there copyright definitely didnt expire. -_-

      If anyone can do it its you guys! ^_^

      I dont even think anyone remembers this game that well =n=

      Sorry for the extreme use of these O_o extremely retarded faces.

      Hope i didnt mispell... ,O_O

        Loading editor
    • Also in my opinion club pengiun sucks O3O

        Loading editor
    • 24.239.121.143 wrote:
      Grow a pair if they take u to legal action set up a patreon and everyone will be glad to donate

      You seem to be a bigshot. Do it yourself if you're so. Or right, i forgot that you're just another keyboard warrior kiddie.

        Loading editor
    • Aberidius wrote:
      24.239.121.143 wrote:
      Grow a pair if they take u to legal action set up a patreon and everyone will be glad to donate
      You seem to be a bigshot. Do it yourself if you're so. Or right, i forgot that you're just another keyboard warrior kiddie.

      Keyboard warrior, kiddie or "Keyboard warrior-kiddie" o_0

        Loading editor
    • If you guys ever do decide to retry...o_0

      Id be happy to give you guys my time and test the game ^_^

      Its the most i can do to help at the moment atleast what i can think of =n=

      Ill be checking this wiki daily for news >->

      so ya know just say hey SilverCat we need testers O-O

      ok  o-o

        Loading editor
    • As a reminder, please post clean comments in these threads. Any foul language will be deleted, and excessive use of foul language will result in a ban.

        Loading editor
    • I don't think that people should wait for MQ. It's dead. Only MQ:R with Bread and Aberidius has been somewhat successful but they closed for a reason. If someone is dumb enough to retry this when the copyright is still active then go for it but w/o Nick's consent you'll end up in trouble.

        Loading editor
    • At this point I think it's becoming quite clear the status of this community, it's capability in remaking the game and such. I can see majorly three kinds of people here atm. 1) Actual developers, experienced in game development or atleast know what they are doing, few in number, but also unwilling to help out due to a)legal issues b)self projects.

      2) Sad kids who think they know what they're talking about, but truly don't and only indulge in making comments like "there's no legal issues, be a man." or "get me the files, I'll do smtn".

      3) A lot of enthusiastic community members who are not skilled in programming but are willing to be part of the Rewritten society, if someone begins a project.

      At this point, the situation seems bleak. From what aberidius has said, it seems that the game is functioning, but barely, and is missing quite some important links. However, it was not deemed impossible. We need a group of 2-3 devs who know what they're doing to replace or fix the missing parts, and connect the game to a central server. On the other hand, the legal issue matter is always underlying risk to anyone willing to lead this project. As people mentioned, the DMCA sends a notice to get the game down, if nick has a problem with it and severe action is taken only if you refuse to take it down. But, legal stuff is a dangerous area to step into, so it should be the best idea to somehow contact nick and get actual permission for a remake. I have no idea how you'd contact them and make them reply, but that's something I'll leave you guys to figure out. Besides, what's the use of remaking the game if it's gonna be taken down anyways. So, it's in our best interest to somehow get permission, or atleast consult a legal authority on the underlying risks. Maybe communicating with behavior interactive might prove successful. It is all only a speculation and has high chance that no one replies, but that is something the community as a whole must figure out a solution for. (P. S. While writing emails to them, try as much as you can to be professional with good grammar, punctuation and tone and make your points clearly. Try not to be condescending, and don't throw any blame at them if you want their help.)

      All my point is, is that we have a dedicated community. Unable to co operate and find a solution. If you all truly care about an MQR, you need to set priorities and get to them instead of aimlessly arguing and such. If anything, Luminex's failure has told us that an MQR is possible but has also told us that legally it can cause issues. So, set priorities. You can't code, so you need coders. Try reaching out and finding people interested. It's not gonna be easy convincing them but it's not impossible if you're dedicated. At the same time try to figure out if any legal troubles are out there, just to be safe. I, myself feel that I have moved on from MQ, although I still have fond memories. This time, my life holds other things in store for me, due to which I can't indulge in any more projects like this, but with a community like this, I think you guys can handle it. I wish Goodluck to you all and hope things go well.

        Loading editor
    • - Yan DarkWish

        Loading editor
    • 122.164.248.56 wrote:
      At this point I think it's becoming quite clear the status of this community, it's capability in remaking the game and such. I can see majorly three kinds of people here atm.

      1) Actual developers, experienced in game development or atleast know what they are doing, few in number, but also unwilling to help out due to a)legal issues b)self projects.

      2) Sad kids who think they know what they're talking about, but truly don't and only indulge in making comments like "there's no legal issues, be a man." or "get me the files, I'll do smtn".

      3) A lot of enthusiastic community members who are not skilled in programming but are willing to be part of the Rewritten society, if someone begins a project.

      At this point, the situation seems bleak. From what aberidius has said, it seems that the game is functioning, but barely, and is missing quite some important links. However, it was not deemed impossible. We need a group of 2-3 devs who know what they're doing to replace or fix the missing parts, and connect the game to a central server. On the other hand, the legal issue matter is always underlying risk to anyone willing to lead this project. As people mentioned, the DMCA sends a notice to get the game down, if nick has a problem with it and severe action is taken only if you refuse to take it down. But, legal stuff is a dangerous area to step into, so it should be the best idea to somehow contact nick and get actual permission for a remake. I have no idea how you'd contact them and make them reply, but that's something I'll leave you guys to figure out. Besides, what's the use of remaking the game if it's gonna be taken down anyways. So, it's in our best interest to somehow get permission, or atleast consult a legal authority on the underlying risks. Maybe communicating with behavior interactive might prove successful. It is all only a speculation and has high chance that no one replies, but that is something the community as a whole must figure out a solution for. (P. S. While writing emails to them, try as much as you can to be professional with good grammar, punctuation and tone and make your points clearly. Try not to be condescending, and don't throw any blame at them if you want their help.)

      All my point is, is that we have a dedicated community. Unable to co operate and find a solution. If you all truly care about an MQR, you need to set priorities and get to them instead of aimlessly arguing and such. If anything, Luminex's failure has told us that an MQR is possible but has also told us that legally it can cause issues. So, set priorities. You can't code, so you need coders. Try reaching out and finding people interested. It's not gonna be easy convincing them but it's not impossible if you're dedicated. At the same time try to figure out if any legal troubles are out there, just to be safe. I, myself feel that I have moved on from MQ, although I still have fond memories. This time, my life holds other things in store for me, due to which I can't indulge in any more projects like this, but with a community like this, I think you guys can handle it. I wish Goodluck to you all and hope things go well.

      I don't wanna say this, but it looks like your right. I LOVED playing MQ, but obviously there is NO HOPE. People are giving up every day, and it looks like Monkey Quest was just meant to be a thing of the past. I loved you MQ, Rest in Peace. :(

      - The MQ Lover

        Loading editor
    • Is, there, hope?

        Loading editor
    • very very little hope

        Loading editor
    • I will keep trying to get in touch with MQ until i've been given a response regarding what they'll agree upon. If i do get a positive response i will continue MQ:R.

        Loading editor
    • My point isn't to say that there is no hope at all. Because, obviously an MQR is possible with sufficient effort from the coding point of view. Its a matter of whether someone will lead it, and whether any possibility of legal issues can be eliminated at this point. What I'm saying is that, we have a relatively good workforce here. Although most are unskilled in the field of game dev, people can still help figure out the legal issue stuff as well as try to get people interested in this. These past two years, we've got together and tried to get a MQR working but its been fragmented, disorganized work. MQR led by LuminexStudios was the first organized attempt which dropped because of the aforementioned legal issues. So, right now, our priority must be to either confirm that no legal issues are possible, or gain appropriate permission from Viacom. If you're all serious about getting an MQR back, its time to put in an organized work.

        Loading editor
    • 122.164.248.56 wrote:
      My point isn't to say that there is no hope at all. Because, obviously an MQR is possible with sufficient effort from the coding point of view. Its a matter of whether someone will lead it, and whether any possibility of legal issues can be eliminated at this point. What I'm saying is that, we have a relatively good workforce here. Although most are unskilled in the field of game dev, people can still help figure out the legal issue stuff as well as try to get people interested in this. These past two years, we've got together and tried to get a MQR working but its been fragmented, disorganized work. MQR led by LuminexStudios was the first organized attempt which dropped because of the aforementioned legal issues. So, right now, our priority must be to either confirm that no legal issues are possible, or gain appropriate permission from Viacom. If you're all serious about getting an MQR back, its time to put in an organized work.

      Hello. If you haven't read any of the previous posts i've made, i was the Web Developer and one of the Game Coder for MQ:R.

      You seem to know what you're talking about and you seem to have an interest in the project in general. I offered to continue the work if someone lead it but only one stepped up and even he was sceptical. I called Nickelodeon in hope to get transferred to the legal department to no avail. The lady was extremely rude and i got sent to a voice mail.

      I never played Monkey Quest but i've become addicted to the whole idea of making it work out. The fanbase is massive and people pop up everyday. Breadfish, owner of LuminexStudios said that he won't do it. Even after we got the hold of all the files he still wasn't up for it. I'm in if we can scrap together a decent team, not like the last one.

      I started my own project for a game development which is going great. This doesn't mean i wouldn't be up for MQ:R again. I pretty much redesigned a look-alike of Monkey Quest's old website which took a lot of time. Anyways, i've made my point.

      If you do have plans for anything, let me know on the Wikia or on Discord at Aberidius#0448

        Loading editor
    • so their is hope if we can sort out legal issues¬†:D

      By the way does anyway know the deal with club penguin rewritten and if they will be shut down for legal reasons?

        Loading editor
    • Will do, for sure, Aberidius. I, myself do not plan to lead a project of such nature owing to my increasing constricting schedule irl, as well as my inability to code games or contribute significantly to the project besides being a 'leader' role. However, I can from my side as well, try to get some information from Nickelodeon, although unlikely. Let us see if any of us can get more solid information about the legal setbacks and whether there is a viable workaround, before taking any other step. If there are any improvements from my side, I'll post it here.¬†

        Loading editor
    • Aberidius wrote:
      122.164.248.56 wrote:
      My point isn't to say that there is no hope at all. Because, obviously an MQR is possible with sufficient effort from the coding point of view. Its a matter of whether someone will lead it, and whether any possibility of legal issues can be eliminated at this point. What I'm saying is that, we have a relatively good workforce here. Although most are unskilled in the field of game dev, people can still help figure out the legal issue stuff as well as try to get people interested in this. These past two years, we've got together and tried to get a MQR working but its been fragmented, disorganized work. MQR led by LuminexStudios was the first organized attempt which dropped because of the aforementioned legal issues. So, right now, our priority must be to either confirm that no legal issues are possible, or gain appropriate permission from Viacom. If you're all serious about getting an MQR back, its time to put in an organized work.
      Hello. If you haven't read any of the previous posts i've made, i was the Web Developer and one of the Game Coder for MQ:R.

      You seem to know what you're talking about and you seem to have an interest in the project in general. I offered to continue the work if someone lead it but only one stepped up and even he was sceptical. I called Nickelodeon in hope to get transferred to the legal department to no avail. The lady was extremely rude and i got sent to a voice mail.

      I never played Monkey Quest but i've become addicted to the whole idea of making it work out. The fanbase is massive and people pop up everyday. Breadfish, owner of LuminexStudios said that he won't do it. Even after we got the hold of all the files he still wasn't up for it. I'm in if we can scrap together a decent team, not like the last one.

      I started my own project for a game development which is going great. This doesn't mean i wouldn't be up for MQ:R again. I pretty much redesigned a look-alike of Monkey Quest's old website which took a lot of time. Anyways, i've made my point.

      If you do have plans for anything, let me know on the Wikia or on Discord at Aberidius#0448

      I'd like to be help, if I can.

        Loading editor
    • its been 5 years since Nickelodeon removed MQ and they still have not rereleased¬†it.¬†:(

        Loading editor
    • 3 years actually.

        Loading editor
    • 47.223.115.95 wrote:
      its been 5 years since Nickelodeon removed MQ and they still have not rereleased it. :(
      Justmitch 

      3 years actually.

      ITS BEEN... ._. (5+3) .-. ?

      OoO 8 LONG YEARS

        Loading editor
    • Guys, should we make a v5 of this thread? just asking because this article is even longer than the last one.

        Loading editor
    • 2001:8003:4AC3:AC00:993:AB9D:3FDE:81CA wrote:
      Guys, should we make a v5 of this thread? just asking because this article is even longer than the last one.

      IKR. we should

        Loading editor
    • 2001:8003:4AC3:AC00:993:AB9D:3FDE:81CA wrote:
      Guys, should we make a v5 of this thread? just asking because this article is even longer than the last one.

      Thank you for pointing that out. I've closed this thread, and I've set up a new v5 thread.

      Link to v5 thread: http://monkeyquest.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:16772

        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message

Ad blocker interference detected!


Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers

Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.